what are premium rate services?
Premium rate services offer some form of information or entertainment that is charged to your phone bill.
Services can be accessed by:
- landline telephone
- mobile phone
- personal computer (for example, in e-mails, or on the Internet or bulletin boards).
Typical services include:
<<back to list of faqs
- TV votelines (for example, Big Brother and The X Factor)
- mobile ringtone and logo downloads
- technical helplines (for example, for computer or Internet problems)
- competition scratchcards
- phone chat
- charitable fund-raising
- sports results
- interactive TV games
- adult entertainment
- information (weather, traffic, etc.)
- directory enquiry services.